Colorado Tourism Office’s New Environmental Thrust
On Monday, Oct. 16, at Cherry Creek State Park in Aurora there will be an announcement of a groundbreaking partnership between the Colorado Tourism Office and the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics. This new agreement is aimed at encouraging our state’s 82 million visitors to travel like locals and be active stewards of Colorado’s precious natural resources.
Lt. Gov. Donna Lynne will be joining in the announcement at this media event. With this new relationship, the Colorado Tourism Office becomes the Leave No Trace Center’s first tourism-based state strategic partnership of this kind and embraces the conservation principles shared by all of the federal public lands agencies and virtually all of the outdoor retail industry.
We would be honored for you to join us in support of this new alliance and to celebrate and learn what it will mean for travelers, for the tourism industry and for Colorado residents.
The following are a selection from the Leave No Trace Seven Principles. © 1999 by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics: www.LNT.org.
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics
The Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics is a national organization that protects the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly. The Center accomplishes this mission by delivering cutting-edge education and research to millions of people across the country every year.
Enjoy your world. Leave No Trace.
To sustain healthy, vibrant natural lands for all people to enjoy, now and into the future. Every person who ventures outside puts Leave No Trace practices into action.
To protect the outdoors by teaching and inspiring people to enjoy it responsibly.
The broad approaches we will take in order to achieve the goal
1. Make Leave No Trace relevant and accessible for all people who spend time outside (PEOPLE)
2. Make Leave No Trace prominent, relevant and accessible in the outdoors (LANDS)
3. Ensure all outdoor programs/organizations embrace and champion Leave No Trace (COLLABORATION)
4. Organizational Sustainability (SUSTAINABILITY) — an organization that is thriving financially, broadly supported and coupled with strong leadership to ensure our ability to pursue our mission into the future.
- Leave No Trace in Every Park.
- Leave No Trace for Every Kid.
- Every person who ventures outside puts leave no trace practices into action.