Enchanted Forest Cross Country Cup
Enchanted Forest just got a bunch of fresh snow on Monday and more on Tuesday! Should make for spectacular fresh, gorgeous trails for this weekend!!
Never heard of NM Cup? There will be snowshoe running race, fat tire bike race, and kids races, so not just xc skiing! Come and check it out!! EFXC rents snowshoes, xc skis (classic and skate), kids skis, pulks to pull your littles in, dog trails for your furry friends and they offer lessons – so bring friends to try it out! They also rent overnight yurts – plan a fun night of camping on their beautiful trails (winter or summer – great mountain biking there in summer).
If you are interested in doing both days but not sure where to stay: look for places in Red River (15min drive) or Taos (45min drive). Check out vrbo to find a cabin to share with your group!
Sat-Sun March 4-5th to be held at Enchanted Forest Cross Country Ski Area!!
COST: adults: $12/day or $20 for both days if register for both on Sat.
kids: $5/day to cover insurance
Each day’s reg fee covers all the events for that day, so you can do however many events each day with your registration. Register each morning before the events at EFXC lodge.
Saturday March 4th:
* 10km/5km classic at 9:30am
* 3km/1.5km classic at 11am (kids)
* Snowshoe event at 11:15
Sunday March 5th:
* 15km/5km skate at 9:30 am
* 3km/1.5km “freestyle” at 11am (kids) (freestyle means they can classic or skate it)
* Kids/family Relays at 1:30 pm (all interested kids and family members may participate – lots of fun with adults and kids on relays together!!) This will be a small (each leg will be <1k loop from base lodge – great for all abilities and great for spectating)
* Fat Tire bike race