Fathers Day Train Special
Father’s Day can be a fond memory for all Dads who take a ride on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.
FATHERS DAY SPECIAL- AVAILABLE FOR JUNE 18TH, 2017
Dads can ride the Train free with another paid adult (with a $12.00 lunch fee) or 50% discount (lunch cost included) with a paid child. Limited to Coach class on the Daily Excursion on June 18, 2017. Upgrades for the additional fee are based on availability.
The Father’s Day special must be booked with a reservation agent by calling 888-286-2737.
Create unforgettable memories for your Dad or Grandpa with the adventure of a lifetime. Take a trip back into the historic west of the 1880’s by riding on the most authentic Steam Train in the United States.
Buy your tickets Now by calling 888-286-2737 and ask for the Father’s Day Special.
Get Rocked! The Geology train has become a must do event! Learn about the amazing formations along the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad. Many of which can only be seen from the train!
Geology Train Trip Options:
Geology Train departs Antonito Depot at 8:00am and arrives at Chama Depot around 4:00pm. Luxury Motorcoach departs Chama Depot at 4:30pm and arrives back at Antonito Depot at 5:30pm.
Luxury Motorcoach departs Chama Depot at 6:30am and arrives at Antonito Depot at 7:30am. Geology Train departs Antonito Depot at 8:00am and arrives back at the Chama Depot around 4:00pm.
For all Geologists – from the newly-interested to the practiced professional.
On June 18th, a special train will depart to traverse spectacular geology along the 64 miles of Cumbres & Toltec track. But simply experiencing the incredible overviews of the Rio Grande Rift, the eruptive evidence of the San Juan Volcanic field, the Precambrian core of the Tusas Mountains, recent glacial deposits, and snapshots of the Jurassic, will not be enough. This special train will stop at many outcrops and rail cuts along the right of way, to mingle, marvel and collect photographs, samples and experiences only accessible on the train route.
The opportunities are priceless:
* Join a cadre of distinguished Geologists for a truly extraordinary day on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad!
* Traverse the entire 64 miles of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad!
* The railroad passes through one of the most unique, varied geologic areas in the US and it is the ONLY way to see all those sights.
* See metamorphic rock as old as that at the bottom of the Grand Canyon!
* The train will make a number of stops along the route to allow the Geologists to interpret the various Geologic points of interest!
* Lunch at Osier, Colorado is included in the ticket price!
* View and marvel at volcanoes, unusual rock formations, multiple volcanic depositions, tunnels and an untouched landscape.
* A mile by mile Geologic rail log will be provided to each participant.
* All participants will be able to disembark to walk through Rock Tunnel and then have the opportunity to photograph the locomotive as she emerges from the tunnel!
* Ride the Historic C&TS RR and be prepared to “Get Rocked”!
All Fares Are Subject To A 7% Historical Preservation Fee.
For Reservations By Phone: 1-888-286-2737.
Monday – Friday 8AM – 4PM MST.
Please call 1-888-286-2737
E-Mail: [email protected]
Click Here to be connected to Geology Train Site