Hey Bro Chile Roasting, Promises to Entice the Senses
Hey Bro Chile Roasting will set up again at the Patty Aragon Green Chile Classic. The smell of these chiles roasting will entice your senses! Andy Warden, roaster, is keeping the Green Chile tradition alive in Pagosa Springs.
Individual bags will be sold at The Mountain Chile Cha Cha event. Bushels need to be pre-ordered by Aug. 17 Please pre-order by calling Cory 970-946-4219
What to do with green chiles
- 20 large chiles, firm with stems attached
- 1 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of cheddar cheese (or try Cotija cheese)
- 1 tomato
- 2 onions
- 12 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- Bowl of flour, for coating the chiles
- Meat filling – Fry the ground beef in a standard non-stick pan. Chop up the tomato and one of the onions. Add them to the pan when the meatis fully brown. Remove the pan from the heat and give the ingredients a stir.
- Cheese filling – Grate the cheddar cheese into a bowl with a cheese grater. When the whole pound is grated, chop up and add the remaining onion.