Search and Rescue fundraiser orienteering race, sign up now!
Photo credit and see a Rogaine Race click here.
I am on the board of directors for Upper San Juan Search and Rescue. We are putting on a fundraiser orienteering race on August 11th here in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. I’ve been setting up a challenging course and am excited about directing my first event. I know a lot of you are out of state and won’t be able to make it, but please spread the word. We are an all volunteer organization and are in need of funding for training and equipment to continue serving our community. Here is a link to our website for the event or donations. http://uppersanjuansearchandrescue.org/rogaine/
See the website for more info click here.
- Rogaine Race Format (map and compass “scavenger hunt” type race)
- Two races (3 hour and 6 hours)
- Unique location in San Juan National Forest so plenty of free camping is available
- Award Groups for Individuals, teams of 2 & 3, and teams of 4 & 5
- Experience the beautiful Turkey springs area
- Race Start—Intersection of Monument Road and Turkey Springs Road (off Piedra Road, CR600).
Note: Children under 10 race free with an adult**. $5 Discount for Students, boy/girl scouts, USA Orienteering members, Rocky Mtn Orienteering ClubAll proceeds go to finance training and equipment for our all volunteer, non-profit organization.* Every Participant registered by Aug 1st will receive a commemorative pint glass
** Free Entry’s must use a printed application