Southwest Colorado Winter Ecology Series
Southwest Colorado Winter Ecology Series 2018
SJMA is excited to partner once again with Mesa Verde National Park for a winter ecology series for all ages! We hope you can join us for one or all of these amazing expeditions (whether or not there is snow!)
Saturday, February 17 – Become a Junior Snow Ranger at Chicken Creek, 1 – 3pm
Kids – become a Forest Service Junior Snow Ranger during this winter adventure! Discover animal tracks, examine plants, and enjoy the outdoors to receive your official Jr. Snow Ranger booklet and badge! Snowshoes provided if needed. Children must be accompanied by adults.
- For families with children ages 5 and up. Limited to 20 people.
- Meet at Chicken Creek Cross-Country area, County Road 40, Mancos. For directions, contact SJMA..
- Advance reservations requested. Contact Gabi at SJMA at [email protected] or 970.759.1170.
Wednesday, February 21 – Plant and animal adaptions at Morefield Campground, 9am – 12pm
Join park staff as they explore the amazing ways animals and plants survive in the cold winter environment of the Four Corners region. The hike will tour the winter habitats of plants and animals in the Morefield Campground
- Limited to 20 people, ages 7 to adult
- Meet at the Morefield Village parking lot at Morefield campground, 4 miles from the park entrance
- Advance reservations required. Contact MVNP at 970.529.4631
- Park entrance fee of $15 per vehicle