Two Pagosans Apply for Judgeship
Nine residents apply for La Plata County Court Judgeship
The Sixth Judicial District (Archuleta, La Plata and San Juan counties) Nominating Commission will meet in Durango on July 26, 2017, to consider candidates for a vacancy on the La Plata County Court. Nine candidates have applied for this vacancy. They are Arthur Jacobs, Benjamin Lammons, Sarah Law, Keith Mandelski, Sean Murray, Dondi Osborne, Douglas Reynolds and Graham Smith, all of Durango; and Reid Stewart of Hesperus.
The rules of procedure for the Sixth Judicial District Nominating Commission require that the names of all applicants be made public when the application period is closed. The application period has now passed and public comment on the qualifications of the applicants is invited. Comments may be directed to any member of the Commission, with a copy to the ex officio chair, Justice William W. Hood III, 2 E. 14th Ave., Denver, Colo. 80203 no later than July 21, 2017.
Contact information for the nominating commission members
- John Baxter, 1099 Main Ave., #500, Durango, CO 81301
- Bobby Duthie, 1010 Main Ave., Durango, CO 81301
- Stephen Fearn, P.O. Box 790, Silverton, CO 81433
- James Ford, P.O. Box 4490, Pagosa Springs, CO 81157
- Kim Martin, 6451 County Road 100, Hesperus, CO 81326
- Lisa Scott, P.O. Box 5680, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147
- Thomas Shipps P.O. Box 2717, Durango, CO 81302
This information is provided as an e-mail service of the Colorado State Judicial Department, Office of State Court Administrator, 1300 Broadway, Suite 1200, Denver, CO 80203. To discontinue this service or update your e-mail address, please respond to this message with your name, contact information and any comments.